Visitor Restrictions and Screening Guidelines
March 17, 2020
Carolina Pines Regional Medical Center Implements Visitor Restrictions and Screening Guidelines
Carolina Pines Regional Medical Center continues to work closely with the local health departments and the S.C. Department of Health (DHEC) and and is following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to ensure the hospitals and clinics are prepared with the appropriate plans to detect, protect and respond should anyone in the community contract or be exposed to coronavirus (COVID-19).
In accordance with guidance from the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and with the health and safety of our patients, families, employees and community in mind, Carolina Pines is implementing enhanced visitor restrictions and new screening guidelines, effective IMMEDIATELY as follows:
- Reduced Entry Points: We have limited access to one point of entry for patients and visitors:
- Emergency Department
- The Medical Group Main Entrance
- Screening Guidelines: Our hospitals and clinics have begun screening all individuals who enter our facilities, per CDC guidelines – including patients, visitors and staff – based on potential respiratory symptoms and travel history.
- Our available entry points (listed above) are now manned with staff to perform screenings.
- Updated Visitor Restrictions: Out of an abundance of caution until further notice, we are allowing only 1 WELL visitor per patient.
- All visitors should be 16 and older
- Additional Information:
- Signage is being posted around the facilities notifying visitors and the community of these new restrictions and guidelines.
- The Carolina Pines Gift Shop is closed until further notice.
- The Carolina Café is available for patients, staff and screened visitors only.
- All monthly community events have been cancelled until further notice.Jumpstart Your Heart 5K, - Senior Scene, Lunch and Learn, Red Cross Blood Drive, Childbirth Preparation Class, Living Well with Diabetes Support Group, etc.
- Quick Links:
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- SC DHEC
- SC Emergency Management Division (SCEMD)
- SC Hospital Assocition
- MUSC Free Virtual Visit (Use Code COVID-19)
- Additional Resources:
- Are you experiencing symptoms?
- Covid-19: What Carolina Pines is Doing & What You Can Do
- Covid-19: Preparedness Information
- Coronavirus and You
- Stop the Spread
Though Carolina Pines has not yet had a positive case of COVID-19, these restrictions are necessary to protect the health of patients, staff and community. Check the hospital website for updated information and follow DHEC and CDC for reputable updates.