Healthcare Hero- Kacey Segars
Kacey Segars, Cardiovascular Sonographer
1. What is your role at Carolina Pines?
I am a Cardiovascular Sonographer in the Cardiopulmonary Department. Each day is different and that is what I love! I have the opportunity to work with patients in the inpatient and outpatient setting. We use imaging technology to help physicians diagnose heart & vascular problems in patients.
2. How long have you been employed at CPRMC? Have you always been in the same role?
I have been employed at CPRMC for 7 years and no, I have not always been in the same role. I worked as a Telemetry Technician while in school to become a Vascular Sonographer.
3. What was your inspiration for getting into healthcare?
I wanted to make a positive impact in peoples' lives and use my abilities to help others at their lowest.
4. Why do you believe patients can count on CPRMC for high-quality, compassionate care?
Here at CPRMC, we are a family who love and support each other. Everybody means the world to someone, and we are here to take care of everyone as if they are our own family. We work together to take great care of our patients and show them the compassion they deserve as a patient at CPRMC.
5. What do you enjoy most about working at CPRMC?
I enjoy helping people. I love seeing patients overcome an illness and knowing I was able to assist with the process. It brings me so much joy. At Carolina Pines, we work as an incredible team to help our patients!
6. What are some of your interests outside of work?
Anything outdoors. If it's pretty, my family and I are usually playing on the farm! I also enjoy spending time with my husband, Boykin Spaniels and two little girls, Townes (3) and May Ellis (1).