Healthcare Hero- Beth Walker
Beth Walker, RN
1. What is your job title?
I am a Registered Nurse in the Emergency Department.
2. What does a typical day look like in your department?
My days are normally very busy. We rely on teamwork a lot in our department. Each day is very different and I am always seeing different types of emergencies, which gives many opportunities for learning.
3. Why do you believe patients can count on CPRMC for safe and quality care?
In the ER we truly care about our patients and work as a team to help benefit the patient and their outcome.
4. What do you enjoy most about working at CPRMC?
I enjoy the teamwork. It truly feels like I am working with family.
5. What are some of your interests outside of work?
Shopping, sleeping and spending time with my family.
6. What does working at an Accredited Chest Pain Center and a Primary Stroke Center mean to you?
It makes me proud to work at a facility that values high-quality patient care. Our hospital is patient focused, so we strive to do everything we can to provide the best care for our community.
7. What would you say to someone wanting to get into your profession?
There are many benefits to being a nurse. However, nursing is not easy and you truly must love your job to be a great nurse.