CPRMC: COVID-19 Update
March 23, 2020
Carolina Pines Regional Medical Center is committed to providing the highest quality care and ensuring the safety of our patients, employees, providers, volunteers and visitors. We are continuing to work closely with the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) and following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as it relates to the evolving coronavirus situation in our community. We understand the concern regarding COVID-19, and our facility has been prepping year-round for instances such as this prior to the onset of this virus.
We urge our community to stay calm, continue to follow DHEC and CDC guidelines to reduce the spread of germs by using proper hand hygiene and staying home from school, work or social outings if you are not feeling well.
Updated Visitation Policy:
As the situation regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, so does our hospital’s response. Effective immediately, we have moved to a NO VISITOR policy. This visitor restriction excludes pediatric patients, OB patients and end-of-life patients.
- Emergency Department- 24/7
- The Medical Group main entrance
2. Screening process at above entrances:
Upon entering the facility, patients and visitors will be screened regarding respiratory symptoms and will have a temperature check.
- A visitor with an elevated temperature or symptoms will not be allowed to enter the facility.
- Patients with symptoms will be given a mask to wear during their visit.
- After a visitor has been screened, he or she will be given an armband to wear while visiting.
- Age Limits: All visitors must be 16 years of age or older.
Once again, we want to assure our community that it is safe to come to Carolina Pines should you need care. For all patients awaiting test results for COVID-19, please do not call or visit the hospital, including the emergency department (ER). Testing results are not immediate and may take several days for confirmation. We will call you with results. Testing is limited, requires a provider’s order, and is reserved only for appropriate patients meeting CDC and DHEC guidelines. It’s important to keep in mind that there is no treatment for COVID-19 and people who are mildly ill may be able to isolate and care for themselves at home. Please do not visit our ER unless you or a loved one is experiencing a medical emergency.
Below are several resources to help educate you and your family on COVID-19. For more information on the virus, please contact the DHEC COVID-19 Care Line at 1-855-472-3432.
- Quick Links:
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- SC DHEC
- SC Emergency Management Division (SCEMD)
- SC Hospital Assocition
- MUSC Free Virtual Visit (Use Code COVID-19)
- Additional Resources:
- Are you experiencing symptoms?
- Covid-19: What Carolina Pines is Doing & What You Can Do
- Covid-19: Preparedness Information
- Coronavirus and You
- Stop the Spread