The Hospital Auxiliary
Members of Carolina Pines Auxiliary volunteer their time and talents to the hospital to help support our high standards of patient care by comforting patients and family and performing tasks that help lighten the load of professional staff members.
Some of their services include:
- Gift Shop Operation & Management
- Reception Desk Staffing
- Goodie Cart to Patient Areas
- Magazine & Newspaper Cart
- Emergency Department Guest Relations
- Medical Office Building Reception Desk Staffing
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Assistance
If you would like to learn more about the Carolina Pines Auxiliary, contact the Human Resources Department at (843) 339-4590. We welcome and need volunteer assistance.
For your safety and that of our patients, all volunteers are carefully screened. Volunteers are requested to meet the following basic requirements:
- Complete an application, including two verifiable references and pass a background check.
- Complete an interview with the Auxiliary President or President-Elect.
- Adult volunteers (ages 21 and older) are welcome – men and women.
- All volunteers are required to attend an annual safety program and receive a 2-step PPD (tuberculin) skin test.
The Auxiliary of Carolina Pines Regional Medical Center offers scholarships annually to area students who are interested in pursuing a career in the medical profession.
Any scholarship awarded is paid directly to the school in the student’s name. All aspects of the medical world, including but not limited to the practice of medicine (physician), radiology, laboratory, nursing, physical therapy, surgical technology, etc. These are among the many fields of study in which students may qualify for scholarship eligibility.