Jonathan Jones, RT, RPFT, AE-C;
Trena McElveen, RN; Brendan Burns,
exercise physiologist; Lynn Brock, RN
Our Cardiac Rehab Program at Carolina Pines is designed especially for you. Our team of professionals is made up of your physician, cardiologist (heart doctor), nurse, dietitian and exercise specialist. Each will work with you to design your cardiac rehab program. Physician referral is required.
Cardiac rehabilitation is an exercise program for people who have heart disease. The program provides individual exercise therapy under medical supervision.
Phase II is a 12-week exercise program for program for people who have had a heart attack, surgery, angioplasty, stents or have heart disease with
Phase III is a self pay maintenance program which allows patients to remain in the program as long as they desire.
Who Can Participate?
Volunteer/former patient Judy Russell
and RN Trena McElveen
Patients recovering from a heart attack, heart surgery, heart transplant, balloon angioplasty, atherectomy or coronary artery stent placement may participate in cardiac rehabilitation. Those experiencing heart disease with stable angina are also eligible. A physician referral may be obtained from your physician by the Cardiac Rehab staff.
What Are the Benefits and Highlights?
Cardiac rehabilitation can help patients by:
- Improving cardiovascular fitness
- Reducing mortality by 30 percent
- Reducing hospital re-admissions by 47 percent
- Decreasing blood pressure and heart rate
- Reducing body fat
- Lowering cholesterol levels
Is There a Program Fee?
Cardiac rehabilitation may be reimbursed by your insurance company. The amount depends upon the insurance company.
The Staff is Here to Help You Reach Your Goals Through:
- Medically supervised exercise three times per week
- Participation in classes on reducing your risk of heart disease, managing stress and stopping smoking
- Blood work analysis
- Telemetry heart monitoring
- Counseling and advice for patients returning to work
- Nutritional assessment by a registered dietitian
About Our Rehab Staff
Carolina Pines Regional Medical Center’s Cardiac Rehab program is staffed with experienced registered nurses, respiratory therapists, dietitians and an exercise specialist. They truly care about their patients individually and enjoy watching how each person can improve their quality of life.